Friday 18 October 2013



Travel Diary #5
Lake Sutherland
Washington State










Crop Top - Topshop
Bra - eBay
Leather Shorts - Vintage
Shirt - Vintage
Shoes - eBay
Necklace - Primark

I’m sad to say that this is my final travel diary entry but I couldn’t have picked a better way to have ended my amazing journey than in a more beautiful place as Lake Sutherland.  We stayed in a traditional log cabin (the last one on the left eep), that’s stairway led right down to the dock on the sands of the almost black looking watered Lake, surrounded by ever stretching trees and mountains, it is like nothing I have ever seen before. Most days we just relaxed by the Lake, taking the boat out and at night played endless amounts of beer pong until it all got too much and were forced to retreat to the camp fire to cook up some wings, in a true American style, it was perfect! So I’ll admit the reason we found this place was due to me and Brogan being massive twilight fans and wanted to stay somewhere close enough so that we could visit some of the places featured in the films like, La Push, Port Angeles, Seattle and of course Forks, the boys however didn’t share the same enthusiasm! They places didn’t disappoint, which as you can see from some of the pictures, we did and we can now safely say they have been concurred and ticked off of our bucket lists. Leaving this amazing place and not knowing when or if I’ll ever return was one of the hardest things I have done, as it truly is one of those places you just fall in love with, however it has made me even more determined and excited to carry on my travel plans for the future.
I thought I would embrace my surroundings and opt for the lumber jack inspired garment with the checked shirt. As I wanted to show off the detailing on the bra underneath the crop top I decided to simply tie the shirt around my waist so that you could still see the rest clearly and I think it works well and gives it a more casual element. The vintage leather high waisted shorts are I think one of the favourite things I’ve ever bought. I think I must have picked them about 2/3years ago now up in a little vintage shop in Leeds and they have been one of my essentials ever since. You can wear them all year round for any occasion; they are perfect for festivals as I found out at Creamfields last year, as with the aid of a baby wipe, mud just rubs straight off of them. Fashionable and practical.
Anyway I just want to say thank you so much to Scott, Brogan and Casey, for firstly helping and inspiring me with my blog entries and secondly for giving me the most incredible adventure of my life and memories I will never forget! Until our next adventure. Fsu!















No comments:

Post a Comment