Sunday 8 June 2014

Travel Diary #1
Venice































Dress - Asos
Sandals - Primark
Bag - Urban Outfitters
Jewellery- Mainly Delilah Dust
Sunglasses - eBay

This time last week I hit a milestone. I turned 21! That morning I was completely surprised to find out that Scott was taking me to Venice, just two days later! The boy did good, I don't think that I could have asked for a better birthday surprise, he had planned everything and it definitely did not disappointed. The photos just do not do it justice as I think that venice is single handedly one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

Our first day we were so desperate to explore everything that the central city had to offer so we hit the streets in sight of all things Italiano. Of course we headed to the main tourist spots such as the Grand Canal, St Mark's square and so on but our favourite part of travelling is seeking out local and rustic attractions. We happened to stumble across a great little bar, Al Parlamento, just in time for happy hour that offered a very strong margarita and tasty selection of bruschetta.

I thought that as I was in Italy I should try and embrace my more feminine side with one of Asos' white summer dresses. The off the shoulder ruffles made it the perfect choice to catch a tan whilst walking around the sunny city. As the majority of our time in Venice was spent waking the primark sandals were essential as boy they were comfy and at £4 a bargain! 

Venice by Night






Playsuit - MissGuided
Shoes - New Look

Venice is just as beautiful by night so we decided to explore a few bars around the student area of Campo Santa Margherita. Osteria Alla Bifora is a candle lit, medieval wine cave which was perfect for a bottle of wine and a midnight platter. Although I would add, do not make the same mistake as us and order the large platter as it is a food coma waiting to happen! 












2 comments:

  1. wow veice looks amazing ! your boyfriend chose a great place,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he did really well! Was so beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete